Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Joelle and the Big, Bad Phlebotomist

Joelle had  her blood drawn today.  She took it like a champ, but she really had no choice.  The nurse made me sit with her on my lap, tuck her little legs between my legs, and hold her right arm down by crossing my hand across her chest.  With my other hand I had to hold down Joelle's arm.  All not a problem.  I've changed the girl's diapers and holding her in one spot is an art form I've mastered.  Joelle sat there looking like she was gonna jump - HARD - but once the needle was in she just took it.  She started crying, but I think anyone who is bound and poked and who has never had the pleasure would.  Less than ten seconds later she was fine.

As we left the office Joelle kept waving "bye bye" with her "hurt" arm.  Killer Funny!  And I don't know how, but she got the gauze out of the tape while she was in the car seat and I was driving.  Oh, well.

No comments:

Post a Comment